Monday, June 7, 2010

slip slidin' away


Yesterday was a sweet one. The windows down, vine-ripened tomatoes, bluegrass and two sleepy girls. My sister and I have made a commitment to Sunday family dinners from here on out. No schedule blips, no buts, no excuses. These mild days just at the beginning of summer, the smell of coconut on a warm shoulder, the suns rays through my baby girl's curls as she blows kisses to her Bobo..all moments I memorize and shelve in an already over-stuffed heart. The lazy goodness of just living is a precious gift to all of us. One that we may not always stop to savor. From the untamed swatch of wildflowers I pass on my morning run to the melodious call of the owl who just moved in next door. My promise is a strong one. It resides somewhere between the inhale of fear and the cushion of your love. It's weft to your warp, in an ever-changing world on its travels through the vast unknown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do look forward to these posts. Lots to be learned from your thoughtful writing, girlfriend. x