Sunday, June 20, 2010

a daddy

All fathers are heroes. The young, the old...the working joes, the famous authors. It is not what they do or what they have but what they are. Simple..nothing fancy or flashy..residing somewhere between a tender whisper and a belly laugh that you know is genuine. I have always believed that a man is truly defined by the way he nurtures. In my life, its light shines in the way he holds my baby on a zip-slide, the gentle pat on a sore tummy, or simply in the quietness of a teary profile at a recital.

Today we celebrate that strength..neither brute nor brawn..but the kind who puts us and our babies first, who aren't afraid to love deeper and more selflessly than ever...the exemplary courage to don a tiara and pink stole to the tune of abundant giggles.

This one's for you Dad..and for you, G-Man. Thanks for delivering, for the shelter, and for the heart that goes along with it. Happy Father's Day!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pam.........you always know how to tug at my heartstrings......thanks for explaining the way I feel in much more eloquent words than I could ever express on my own......