Sunday, December 26, 2010

pottersville

Well, the day was a good one friends! My Christmas surprise was pulled off without a hitch. A little tinsel and one big red bow later, the girls are as happy as a fly on...er..well, while I'm on the subject- man, oh, man. I just wanna say, a puppy's digestive tract is one big assembly line of waste removal. You'd think a couple of tinkles, here and there..but no. The last 24 hours in the Mag casa has been like a festive True Grit. Instead of a couple of six-shooters,
I am armed with my Greenworks and Odor Remover, and just a wee-wee bit trigger happy. Oy. I realize it has only been one measley day, but I will be beyond elated when that part of training is over and done with and I can put my grassy double-lot to good use.

The day could not have been jollier though, despite all the yucky D.Q. soft-serve treats. In keeping with our holiday couch potato tradition- the Disney parade and Alistair Sim's 'Carole were followed by a lovely nosh of what I like to call, Mama's Christmas Chicken (made w/ roasted red pepper & olive..yum!). A teensy weensy bit of snowfall and a couple of Zyrtec martinis later, we all settled in for a good winter's nap. This morning was a joy to find four new eyeballs looking up at me as I made my way to the kitchen. Of course it took me 40 minutes before I even had the time to sip my java & Facebook but..... Big Daddy woke up early to assist, and let's put it this way, his "morning paper" takes on a whole new meaning now.

Yes, we definitely have our hands full on this one but couldn't be happier. The kids are obsessed with their new besties. I just hope the poor furry guys can live through all the squeezing, bear hugs and stalking. It is like an Elvis concert in there right now. In time, all will settle, I suppose. Until then, back to school stories are being bandied about, snow days won't be so darn boring anymore and the dog run will be the happenin' hangout.

Here, here, folks! Let's raise a glass to love, laughter, and memories that last a lifetime. And soft puppy tummies. That is way up there on the list now.

It truly is a wonderful life!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

loved the video-congratulations to you and papa on a sucessful mission
the beasties are beautiful-will send pictures soon of my new grand beastie-love pard

JosieK said...

Brilliant!!!!
The music is PERFECT!!
They must be so happy..way to go Mom and Dad!!!
xo