Friday, March 12, 2010

a snux deluxe

Well, despite the hurt locker headache I had at the gym the next day, we had a precious and inglourious time as the Best Picture was up in the air there for a minute, but Bigelow kicked some ass and came through for us gals and now my ozark countdown avatar has been put away for another year!

It surely was a golden evening and I could not have been happier about a lady director making history. And what a lovely tall drink of water she is! Talent and looks. And sisters..seriously. How sweet is it to kick your ex's butt by going to the Governors Ball double-fisted! I would have been parched as hell that night because I wouldn't have let go of those puppies for one minute..not even to slurp some Dom! I would have bought myself one of those 7/11 hats that you can load the beverage into at the top with the straws coming down for easy sipping. Cameron did have a rather surprised look on his face. I believe he thought he was really going to nab it but instead went down with his ship. Oh, well. That 2 billion he's made ought to help ease the pain a little. Hope he feeds and waters a few less fortunate people with some of that dough. Poor Babs had to hand over that sparkling baby to some gal other than herself. I saw a tear in her eye which I'm sure was part 'yippee, a win for our side' but just a wee bit of 'what...was Yentl so wrong?"

Our Snuggie Oscar fete was a blast and tres comfy. Although after my first drinkie-poo, I had a wicked hot flash and had to strip down to some cooler garb for the rest of the evening. Big Daddy was an absolute hit and a hoot in his "snuxedo". Don't think I've yee-hawed that hard in awhile. We gobbled up a tasty chicken marsala and some lemon meringue pie and washed it down with a little Goose...making some sweet memories with the children. And some blurry ones for the hubby and me. It is just so gosh darn fun to be silly with my Mags. We were joined by a dear friend who we hadn't seen in awhile..who showed up wearing her sweater backwards, in my honor. Yes, all was cuddly and glitter-glam...Arky style, dah-lings! We were also lucky to get some beautiful weather on the Red Carpet and even saw a star or moo..er, I mean..an oink?



So the champagne dreams and lamé are put away for another year as Oscars in the Ozarks-5 has come to a close. I had the winning score on the Ballot but due to the recession and slim pickins on the guest tally, it didn't yield me any extra greenback. The kids drove us batty all night, salivating over the dark chocolate Ferrer Rocher Trivia prize. Lucky for them, it was won by their father, so it only took about two seconds for their grubby little mitts to attack, leaving only a slobbery piece of chipboard and a wad of crumpled gold leaf on the floor.

There was quite a bit of Facebook talk the next morning saying the show was a snoozefest..but you know, Mama's easy to please. Any awards broadcast is a decent one for me when Rob Lowe doesn't sing or dance in it. I didn't think they really gave Baldwin and Martin much to do. I thought Doogie's number was funny. I'm sure they are prepping him for next years show. It was rather lengthy, closing its curtain at almost 11:00 pm. My peepers were getting heavy but I was so motivated to see Hurt Locker win, that I made it through. Plus, it took that long to drink my martini Big Gulp.

1 comment:

JUDITH said...

You are better than TMZ and AccessHollywood, girl.

Kate