Monday, May 4, 2009

true green

It's pretty easy to meet people. Far more difficult to find a lifelong friend. There are times when the stars align just right and when it comes to good pals, this gal really got lucky. I attended a 50th birthday blow-out for my bud, Tim, this past weekend. Anyone who is anyone attended the St. Louian gala. Lights twinkled in the trees, glasses clinked, laughs were had in abundance and the local transplant list for livers in need probably lengthened by about 50.

It really moved me to see the outpouring of love that filled the rooms of Tim's rowhouse on Saturday. It made me proud to know him. I heard a lot of funny stories of days gone by, met many o' cousin (boy, those Catholics sure can breed) and the smile on his face was just about the nicest thing going. It is always amazing to see the difference that one little person can make in the lives of others, how fortunate we are to find these kind of peeps when we do and what a profoundly empty place there is in a heart that doesn't have them. We've had a grand 21 years together, he and I. And I'm grateful for every one of 'em. Rain or shine. In good times or bad. Always...always..being able to find something to laugh about.

This one's for you, Timmy. Scary hairdos and all. My apologies, as it does not come with a cork.




Relax. I did not drink while I was pregnant. We took that shot to freak my mom out.

No comments: